11 May 2015Kruger National Park remains the hardest hit when it comes to rhino poaching – losing 290 animals of the 393 killed in South Africa by April, Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said at a briefing on Sunday.While figures for the rest of South Africa show either a decrease or stabilisation compared to last year, numbers continue to increase in the Kruger National Park. By April 2014, the number of rhino lost to poachers was 331 for the whole of the country and 212 for the Kruger.She said that although her department was making progress, the fight against poaching needed to be fought by everyone in society as government could not win the battle alone.However, despite the high numbers, her department had recorded a number of successes as its strategies to disrupt criminal syndicates were starting to bear fruit.“We are not losing the battle,” she said, with the number of people arrested for poaching on the increase. Just over 130 people had been arrested for rhino-poaching related activities by April, including 62 in the Kruger.News24 reports that Molewa said the government had been liaising with countries including Vietnam, Mozambique and China in the fight against poaching.“One rhino poached is one too many. But we are confident that had it not been for the comprehensive measures we introduced last year… the figures could be higher,” the news site reports Molewa as saying.ArrestsMolewa said given the magnitude of the problem, as well as the fact that rhino poaching is closely linked to organised transnational crime, it required an escalation of everyone’s efforts to end it.National Police Commissioner General Riah Phiyega said poaching has accelerated in recent years as the value of ivory and rhino horn had increased on the international black market, especially in Asia.“We are equally vigilant outside the Kruger National Park,” Phiyega said. “Between January and April this year, we’ve arrested 64 people inside the park, while we’ve arrested 66 outside the park. Within the four month period, we recovered 16 firearms, 99 rounds of ammunition, nine vehicles, and 13 rounds of horns, 27 axes and knives.Improved technology“To assist in the fight against poaching, our security forces working with SANParks have upped their technological game,” Molewa said.“We received an initial grant funding of R254.8-million in 2014 to support anti-poaching operations in the Kruger National Park,” she said. The funding was used to establish aerial support capacity, and a first helicopter was purchased in September 2014.The Howard G Buffet Foundation also granted SANParks R37.7-million, used to purchase a second Airbus AS350 B3e helicopter to help support monitoring by air in the Kruger.The new Airbus helicopter has night-flying capability and will improve response time in dealing with incidents in the park. “Just recently, the helicopter assisted in a dramatic pre-dusk swoop inside the KNP that netted four suspected poachers as well as a range of poaching equipment,” Moelwa said.The improved aerial support to the rangers of the ground, and the increasing capacity of the canine unit, are helping to improve the effectiveness of the anti-poaching operations in the Kruger National Park, she said.The SANDF, SANParks and the CSIR were also currently piloting and evaluating “unmanned aerial vehicles” – known as drones. Their use is subject to finalisation of arrangements with the Department of Transport.SAinfo reporter and SAnews.gov
Tom Fennario APTN National NewsA subway stop in Montréal that is also used as a shelter by homeless people is about to be torn down.The city is spending millions of dollars to revamp the entrance to make it less likely that people will want to take shelter from the elements there.Some say that the money could be better spent on firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction and non-construction contractor’s workforce from the Peace River Regional District made up 21 percent or 842 which is up from June’s numbers of 829.The number of apprentices employed on the project increased from 189 in June to 204 during the month of July.The number of Indigenous people working on the Project saw another increase from 361 in June to 377 in July.Women working on the Project saw an increase from 538 in June to 570 in July. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – B.C. Hydro has released the latest Site C Dam Project employment numbers for the month of July 2019.The number of people working on the Site C Dam Project saw an increase from 4,634 in June to 4,797 in July.The total number of workers from B.C. was 2,925 which is 72 percent of the workers.
New Delhi: The central government is looking at raising Rs 4.42 lakh crore through borrowing in the first half of the 2019-20 fiscal, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said Friday. Parliament has approved a gross borrowing for Rs 7.1 lakh crore for the entire 2019-20 fiscal. “We will be raising Rs 4.42 lakh crore (gross) in the first half (of FY 2019-20), or Rs 17,000 per week for 26 weeks,” Garg told reporters. The remaining Rs 2.68 lakh crore or 37.7 per cent of the total gross borrowing would be raised from the markets by floating government bonds and treasury bills during the October-March period. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalNet borrowing in the first half (April-September) would be Rs 3.40 lakh crore. In the second half, net borrowing would be lower at Rs 1.33 lakh crore. “So in the second half, it would be Rs 83,000 crore plus buyback of Rs 50,000 crore. Net borrowing for the full year is Rs 4.23 lakh crore,” the secretary said. The government, in the interim Budget in February, had proposed to restrict the fiscal deficit at 3.4 per cent of the GDP in the next fiscal beginning February 1. The government borrows from the market to the fiscal gap. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostAs per the Union Budget, the gross borrowing was pegged at Rs 7.1 lakh crore for 2019-20, higher than Rs 5.71 lakh crore estimated for the ongoing fiscal. Garg said the gross borrowing is higher because of the repayment programme. Gross borrowing amount is also used towards repayments of past loans. Garg also said the government will stick to the fiscal deficit target of 3.4 per cent of the GDP for the current fiscal. He also said the government would be be introducing a new benchmark of 7 years for dated securities. “You would recall in the current financial year we had introduced two new benchmarks of two-year security and five-year security. Now there will be 7-year security also. So we complete the yield curve,” he added. The Reserve Bank of India releases the schedule of government borrowing. The central bank also provides funds to the government under Ways and Means Advances (WMA) mechanism to help it tide over short-term mismatch in receipts and payments.
Balurghat: Work on the project to provide piped water connections to the households here, which started a few years ago, has been stopped after the Election Commission of India announced the poll dates on March 10.Earlier, the Commission declared that no ongoing project would be stop because of the elections. However, the restrictions were imposed on announcing new projects by the state or Centre. When the nomination process started in Balurghat the supporters of the BJP and the RSP said the work on the water project at the time of elections was a violation of the Model Code of Conduct (MCC). Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThey asked the district returning officer and District Magistrate Dr Deepap Priya P to halt the water project. Following the objection by the Opposition parties, the District Magistrate directed the civic authorities to stop the project till the poll code was in effect. In February, the authorities had started providing piped water connections in the homes here. The municipality decided that they would start providing connections from Chalkbhabani. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayAn individual has to submit an application with certain details and Rs 5,000 for general category and Rs 3,000 for BPL category has to be paid for the facility. According to a municipal source, around 1,480 applications were deposited covering approximately 20,440 households from all 25 wards. Piped water connectivity has been a long-standing demand of the residents while entire water distribution system of the town has been revamped. Old pipes have been repaired and even re-laid where necessary. According to a municipal source, 18.25 million litres of water is required in a day. Four giant reservoirs have been constructed to meet the daily needs. A modern water treatment plant was set up in Hosseinpur for sedimentation, filtering and chemical disinfection of impure water from Atreyee river. Most of the civic residents are being forced to drink water with excessive iron content since many years. As there is no major source of alternative water supply system in the region, Public Health Engineering department supplied drinking water for the residents but this was not enough to meet the demand for the residents. “The Public Health Engineering department is at present involved in supplying drinking water covering about 220 households only,” said a source. “I have deposited money and documents for water connectivity but the work has been stopped by the civic authorities. We are forced to consume iron-contaminated water,” said a local resident Swapan Das. Administrator of Balurghat municipality Isha Mukherjee said the work would resume after the elections are over.
For the first time since 1993, the women’s soccer Big Ten championship will not be decided with a post-season tournament. The change, which puts emphasis exclusively on a team’s regular season performance, makes Ohio State’s games at Wisconsin and at Minnesota this weekend all the more important.In the past, the league has had two titles, crowning both a regular season and a tournament champion. Now, the conference championship, as well as an automatic berth to the NCAA tournament, will be decided solely on the regular season standings.The elimination of the league’s post-season tournament has brought a noticeable change to the pressure brought on by each game, coach Lori Walker said. “You’re in an ‘every game matters’ scenario right from the beginning,” Walker said. “In the past, there were a few games where you just stay on task … you could always make that one last push using the tournament, and we don’t have that anymore.”Walker, who has always been a supporter of a conference tournament, said its single-elimination style was valuable practice for her team. The tournament represented a chance, the coach said, for her team to prepare for the pressures of playing in the NCAA championship at the end of the season.Junior midfielder Courtney Jenkins said the pressure is still there, it is just a little different.“Each game is a big game,” Jenkins said. “It’s always a battle, and without having the tournament at the end of the year, you can’t wait until the end to prove yourself.”Coming off of last weekend’s victories, OSU is looking to move up the Big Ten ladder this weekend. They currently sit third in the conference, behind their next two opponents, and begin the road trip Friday night to Madison to face the Badgers. The game is one of three consecutive road games for the Buckeyes. It is their longest stint away from Columbus this season. The biggest struggle of playing on the road comes in the team’s energy level, Walker said.“When you’re playing in the [Jessie Owens Memorial Stadium] and all of your friends and family is there, it can be really easy to elevate your excitement and your passion from the get-go,” Walker said. “When you’re on the road it’s got to come from the inside.”Jenkins said the team is aware of how difficult the weekend will be.“Both Minnesota and Wisconsin are going to be tough,” Jenkins said. “But I think we’ll get some good preparation this week and we’ll be ready for it.”
Carlo Ancelotti would reportedly be considered as a solid option for Napoli if Maurizio Sarri departs from the team this summer.Ancelotti is in the crosshairs of quite a few Premier League clubs as there are many who are experiencing issues with their current coaches and such that already know they have no managers for the next season.Chelsea’s Conte has been having problems with decisions, taken by higher management, Arsenal’s Wenger officially announced his departure from the club despite spending 22 years there and even the Spurs as Pochettino seems unable to bring out the best from the players.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.Ancelotti, however, is being targeted by Napoli as he has been a free agent ever since being fired by Bayern Munich. He turned down the Italy job with the main motive that he is looking to work at club level, according to Football Italia.Considering this, Napoli might indeed be a perfect fit for him and the other way around – he is an experienced coach, who might lead them to a Scudetto win, which has not happened since the 90s, and they are an Italian team – he would not even have to change the country.
Germany defender Jonathan Tah admits that Joachim Low’s decision to not include him in the final 23-man squad for Germany has been hard for him to accept, but he has wished his teammates the best for the World CupThe 22-year-old joins fellow young star Leroy Sane in being omitted from Germany’s World Cup.Bayern Munich defenders Jérôme Boateng, Mats Hummels, Niklas Süle and Joshua Kimmich were selected over Tah.The Bayer Leverkusen player made his debut for Die Mannschaft in March 2016 in a friendly against England, but has only earned two more caps since and has frequently been used in the youth teams instead.Tah, who is widely regarded as the successor to Jérôme Boateng in Germany, nevertheless took the disappointing news well.Top 5 Bundesliga players to watch during the weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Bundesliga’s Top 5 players to watch next weekend.The German…“Of course it’s hard for me & I’m disappointed not to go. The World Cup is a dream for every footballer. I still enjoyed every second of the training camp & I just take the positives with me! I wish you all a great tournament !! Get the title back” he wrote on Twitter.Natürlich ist es hart für mich & ich bin enttäuscht, nicht mit zu fahren. Die WM ist für jeden Fussballer ein Traum. Habe trotzdem jede Sekunde im Camp genossen & nehme nur das Positive mit! wünsche allen von Herzen ein super Turnier!! Holt den Titel wieder nach D???????? pic.twitter.com/FEEEbXfPcj— Jonathan Tah (@jonatah) June 5, 2018Tah joins his Leverkusen teammate Bernd Leno on the omission list for Germany.
Italian striker Manolo Gabbiadini revealed that rejoining Sampdoria was an easy decision after completing his transfer from Southampton last weekGabbiadini decided to end his two-year stay at St Mary’s this month after making just four starts in the Premier League for Southampton this season.Although the 27-year-old did enjoy some highs in his short stay in England with his most notable feat coming in the 2017 EFL Cup final, where he scored twice against Manchester United in a 3-2 defeat for Southampton.Now Gabbiadini has returned to Sampdoria, who he played for between 2013 to 2015 before leaving for Napoli, and is looking forward to his second spell in Liguria.“The Premier League is a unique League,” Gabbiadini told Il Secolo XIX.“It a positive experience, which let me grow, and I’d do it again, but it went so-so for me.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“What will stay with me? Several things. I scored twice in the 2017 [League] Cup Final and scored the goal that kept us up last season.“Let’s say I was always there whenever I was needed most over the last two years and I still have a wonderful relationship with their fans. They used to chant ‘Lamborghini-Gabbiadini’.“When you leave somewhere, you don’t think about going back and just think about where you’re going next.“However, I left Samp on very good terms and when the opportunity [of returning] came up, I didn’t give it a second’s thought.“Physically I feel good. I haven’t played for over a month but there’s no winter break in England and I’ve kept training.”Gabbiadini scored 12 goals in 60 appearances for Southampton in total.
Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, February 26, 2017 – Nassau – Excellent police work and overwhelming support from members of the public has resulted in police charging several suspects in connection with a number of recent murders. The suspects will be arraigned in the Magistrate’s Court, Nassau Street on Monday 27th February 2017 at 12:00 noon, to be formally charged.They are: A 16 – year old male and a 24 – year old male for the Murder of Leonardo Sweeting, the attempted Murder of Robert Munroe, Philip Rolle and a 1 – year old infant girl that occurred at Scott Street on 23rd February 2017.Two adult males for the Murder of Kurt Arista and the Attempted Murder of Dino Lorflus that occurred at Durham Street on 3rd February 2017.An adult male for the Murder of Clarence Gibson and the Attempted Murder of Shannahan Sweeting that occurred at Knowles Drive off Tonique Darling Highway on 19th February 2017.Press Release: RBPF#MagneticMediaNews Recommended for you Related Items:#magneticmedianews ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp