The Neymar transfer has engendered controversy in Catalonia and forced the resignation of Barca’s former president Sandro Rosell owing to a judicial wrangle over the deal.The transfer cost 57.1 million euros, plus a 2-million-euro bonus if the 21-year-old star makes the finals of the FIFA World Player of Year award.Neymar also will earn an annual salary of 11.3 million euros to be paid over five years.His father denied media reports that he had himself earned 40 million euros on the deal via family firm N&N for last May’s transfer, which just preceded Brazil’s Confederations Cup success.“Neymar could only leave Santos to go to Barcelona. My job was to safeguard and reinforce the gain,” said Neymar senior, adding he could easily have earned a bigger cut.“I am sure I could have picked up 120 million (euros). (But) it is absurd for people to talk when they don’t know the details and I did not receive a 40 millions euro advance,” he insisted.Spanish lawyers are now poring over the terms of the deal after a Barcelona club member made a complaint.According to the Spanish court resolution released last week, Barca paid 40 million euros to N&N for breaking a previous agreement to sign Neymar in 2014 and sign him a year earlier.Barcelona said the entire deal cost 86.2 million euros: 57.1 million euros for the transfer, 10 million euros in a signing bonus, 2.7 million euros in commissions, 4.0 million in marketing, 2.5 million for Neymar’s foundation and 9.9 million euros in scouting and collaborative deals.Barca say Neymar’s father agreed to let the club reveal the deal details because he believed the scandal over the signing was “unfair”.Rosell stepped down on Thursday and was replaced by Josep Maria Bartomeu, who made the details public.0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000SAO PAULO, January 29 – The father of Brazil star Neymar denied signing a pre-contract with Barcelona until his son had left Santos for the Liga giants– but did admit to receiving 10 million euros ($13.6 million) in 2011 to guarantee a move by 2014.Denying any irregularities Neymar senior told a press conference in Santos: “I asked Barcelona to drop confidentiality (concerning a contract) so everything was transparent and clean. I don’t owe anything.”
0Shares0000Sin-bin plan to be looked at by football’s lawmaking body Ifab. PHOTO/BCC.LONDON, United Kingdom, Feb 1 – Sin-bins for yellow-card offences in football could be given the go-ahead as early as next month.Football’s law-making body Ifab will look at the proposal at its annual meeting in London in March. The measure has been tested in Uefa development competitions and some amateur leagues in recent years.If approved, sin-bins will come in at youth and amateur levels and could be introduced to the professional game within two to three years.Other proposals to be discussed at the meeting include allowing national associations more freedom to decide on the number of substitutions in a game.The move is intended to help the development of the game at lower levels, “by promoting and encouraging more people to take part,” the International Football Association Board agenda reads.There is also a line in the release about “fairness” and that “particular focus will be given to the role of the captain and how her/his responsibilities could be enhanced as part of a move to improve on-field discipline and create better communication between players and match officials”.This is likely to refer to a suggestion by Marco van Basten, the chief technical officer of governing body Fifa, that only the captain should be able to speak to the referee.Ifab is made up of Fifa and the four British home associations – the FAs of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.By BBC0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
IN DEMAND Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Conor Masterson has been on the bench on a number of occasions for Liverpool Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing Masterson, 20, has been at Anfield for the past five years and is highly rated by staff at the Premier League club.But the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international is some way off the first team picture and is considering his options with his contract due to end in the summer.Despite Liverpool understood to be keen to extend his deal, Masterson could be tempted by the opportunity to kick-start his senior career at Carrow Road, particularly if they win promotion to the top-flight.Norwich are currently four points clear at the top of the Championship table, with eight games left to play.They would have to pay a training compensation fee to Liverpool to secure Masterson’s signature, despite his contract being up. Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland targets LATEST Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? moving on REVEALED targets LATEST TRANSFER NEWS Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti LIVING THE DREAM Ireland U21 coach Stephen Kelly recently urged the youngster to consider a move.“Conor is a bit of a crossroads,” Kenny said. “He is 20 now and needs to play games.“Conor could look at his central defensive partner from our team, Darragh O’Shea, going to Exeter on loan. He’s developed by getting 30 games and is a year younger than Conor.” three-way race 1 TOP WORK Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer RANKED Liverpool could lose one of their most talented youngsters to Championship leaders Norwich.According to reports, Conor Masterson is being targeted by the Canaries this summer as they close in on a return to the Premier League.