1 Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva Inter Milan remain in hot pursuit of Liverpool midfielder Lucas, despite splashing the cash to bring Xherdan Shaqiri and Lukas Podolski to the San Siro.The 28-year-old struggled to cement a place in Brendan Rodgers’ starting line-up earlier in the season, but has emerged as a key player after a string of impressive performances for the Reds.And Liverpool are now seemingly unwilling to negotiate the sale of the combative Brazilian, especially to the club who beat them to the signing of Switzerland winger Shaqiri.Inter may also be reliant on offloading some of their current squad first, with Ibrahima Mbaye, Rene Krhin and Yann M’Vila all likely to make way to facilitate a move for the Brazilian.
Kevin De Bruyne: Manchester City have to put in hard work to retain EPL crown Mid-day hosts first-of-its-kind girls football tournament | Ranis of Rink 2019 “I have been with Luis in some of the most demanding changing rooms in the world for nine years,” Moreno said. “If we win the Euros, nobody will remember if the coach had more or less experience.” After crashing out to Russia in the last 16 of the World Cup, Luis Enrique oversaw impressive wins over England and Croatia in the Nations League, and a 4-1 thrashing of Wales in a friendly. Yet two defeats at home to England and away to Croatia meant they finished second in their Nations League group behind Gareth Southgate’s side, and failed to reach the semi-finals. Despite the disappointment, Spain recovered by winning five games on the bounce, four of them in qualifying for Euro 2020 which has them sitting top of Group F, five points ahead of Sweden. But Luis Enrique was unable to attend the latest victories over Malta, the Faroe Islands and Sweden, with Moreno overseeing all three in his absence. “Robert told us that if we did not want him and his staff they would leave, that they did not want to be a nuisance,” said Rubialies. “But we hired Luis Enrique with his team and his team is working very well. We believe they are the best option.” Moreno added: “It’s a bittersweet day. I dreamt of becoming a head coach one day but not in this way. “We will try to continue what Luis Enrique has started and to finish his work at the top, by winning Euro 2020.” Catch up on all the latest sports news and updates here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates ‘Starstruck’ David Beckham shares photo with Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke Madrid: Luis Enrique has stepped down as Spain coach for personal reasons and will be replaced by his assistant Roberto Moreno, the Spanish Football Federation announced on Wednesday. Moreno has been in charge for Spain’s last three matches and will now lead the team through Euro 2020 qualifying and the final tournament, in what is his first job as a professional coach. He will be Spain’s fourth boss in 12 months, after Luis Enrique was appointed following last year’s chaotic World Cup, which saw Julen Lopetegui sacked and Fernando Hierro installed in his place. “Luis Enrique has informed us he will not continue as coach,” said RFEF president Luis Rubiales in a press conference. “We completely respect his situation and continue to do so in the same way. I have to thank Luis Enrique for his time with the federation and the doors of the national team will always be open to him.” Rubiales added: “Robert will take over as coach, with the same length of contract that was signed before. He will be in charge of taking us to and overseeing a good showing at Euro 2020.” Luis Enrique said in a statement he was resigning “due to reasons which had prevented me from fulfilling my duties as normal since last March.” His personal issue has not been made public. Moreno, previously a scout and an opposition analyst, has worked with Luis Enrique in all of his previous coaching roles, at Celta Vigo, Roma and Barcelona.- Impressive wins – But his first job as a head coach will be to rebuild one of the world’s most talented international teams.Related News
MANAGUA, Nicaragua — Thirteen Costa Ricans died Saturday when a small ship carrying 32 tourists from Central America and the United States sank off Nicaragua’s LittleCorn Island in the Caribbean, officials said.Nicaraguan government spokeswoman and First Lady Rosario Murillo said that “of the 32 passengers, 13 lost their lives, all of them are Costa Rican.”She said the other passengers survived and were taken to nearby Big Corn Island.“This is a big tragedy,” she said.“They were tourists vacationing in Little Corn Island and they headed off even though, according to our navy, they were told they shouldn’t.”The Corn Islands, made up of Big Corn Island and Little Corn Island, are located around 70 kilometers (45 miles) off the coast of the southern Nicaraguan town of Bluefields. Although remote, they are becoming increasingly popular with tourists.Most of the Costa Ricans who died were women according to a list from Costa Rica’s foreign ministry identifying all 13.It said two of the Costa Ricans killed were U.S. residents.A ministry spokeswoman said the survivors comprised 13 Costa Ricans, two U.S. citizens, two Britons, one Brazilian and one Nicaraguan, as well as the captain and his crewmate.Media reports said the captain, who also owns the vessel, was arrested after being rescued, as authorities began an investigation.Costa Rican President Luis Guillermo Solís declared a national day of mourning for Monday, Jan. 25.“The government of Costa Rica sends its most sincere condolences to the Costa Rican families mourning today the loss of a loved one,” Solís said in a news release Sunday. Facebook Comments Related posts:New details in shipwreck off Nicaragua as Costa Rica mourns dead Investigation finds ‘no negligence’ in deadly Costa Rica catamaran accident Nicaragua’s only billionaire says luxury resort can lift economy Tourism season kicks off in Costa Rica despite high costs for travelers